Paving the way to post-oil agriculture
EatMe is a not-for-profit organization promoting access to locally produced healthy fruits and vegetables, all year round, thereby reducing the environmental impact of their production and related physical distribution.
We improve access to organic vegetables and fruits with high nutritional value, produced locally, all year round, using clean and green technologies to help strengthen people’s health and reduce the environmental impact, from production to distribution.
We are what we eat
Environmental deterioration through chemicals
Industrial agriculture with its heavy use of chemicals (1900 t sprayed each year in Switzerland as per ProNatura 2019) deteriorate the environment, the water (IFAEPE 2014), biodiversity, the soil quality and the quality of the produce.
Decreased food quality
Decrease of 16% of calcium, 27% of vitamin C and 48% of iron during the last sixty years. (Source: F2, Cash investigation, July 2019).
A poor diet has been proven as a cause of hypertension, heart and blood vessels diseases, obesity, and diabetes.
No control on our food chain
Production regulations are out of the consumers’ control. Chemicals are used despite their prohibition.
Transports are CO2 emitters
45% of the annual consumption of vegetables in Switzerland are imported.
Increasing demand for bio foods in Switzerland
Food autonomy has grown in importance
But an all-year local production has not been sustainable so far.
Organic vegetables and fruits with high nutritional value, produced locally all year around, using green and clean technologies.
Our integrated system consists of:
- Greenhouse with living soil, natural fertilizers and biological pest control, no synthetic chemicals, no GMO’s
- Special sun-like lamps to complement the natural sunlight during cold months
- Electricity, energy storage and heating originating from 100% renewable energies
An open source platform
Our project plans the installation of an open-source platform dedicated to scientists’ and farmers’ training and real-life testing. This platform is mainly constituted by a greenhouse equipped with living soil and with lamps that mimic the sun with high fidelity (UVA+B, Visible, Infrared and Far-Infrared).
- Living soil maximizes the symbiosis between plants, mushrooms and bacteria to increase nutritional value in vegetables and fruits.
- The plasma lamps are only used in the absence of natural sun.
- Energy production and storage through 100% renewable energies.
- Photovoltaic installations on city roofs, the greenhouse located nearby a city and a river.
- Energy storage is provided through a hydraulic dam.
The pilot production site will be collaborative and an aggregator of multidisciplinary talents to develop the post-oil agronomy.
High interest confirmed from agriculture, academics and the energy industry
Our modulable turnkey solution regroups sustainable farming with nutritional quality, clean and green energy usage, and a quality label.
- A turnkey solution for sustainable all-year farming
- Maximization of nutritional value combined with green and clean production
- Provide and promote access to healthy food for a maximum of people
- Contribute to strengthen our immune system
- Reduce the environmental footprint:
- by reducing chemicals used in agriculture
- by reducing imports
- by using 100% renewable energies
- Modulable turnkey solution
- Sustainable all-year green agriculture
- 100% green energies
- Higher nutritional value
- Increased food independence
- Optimization of country’s infrastructure
- Food Valley contributor
- Local economy booster
8 good reasons to support EatMe
Fundraising: Support access to healthier vegetables and fruits through sustainable all-year agriculture !
We are working on the pilot installation plan (engineering, suppliers, logistics, financial aspects) to be ready to be installed in selective schools.
We need to fund the pilot project and the intervention of the different experts helping to make this project come alive and sustained.
Please contact us for more information on how you can support EatMe.